Saturday, June 16, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge - Day 16

What are your five greatest accomplishments? 



My 5 greatest accomplishments ...

Graduating from Germanna with my Associates Degree. 

Marrying my best friend.

Purchasing a home. 

Having an adorably cute little baby via a natural delivery.

 (This last one isn't so much an 'accomplishment'... )
Right now the only debt we have is our mortgage ($833/mo), and now my car payment (under $400/mo). We are able to pay all of our other bills with no problems, and do not carry any balances on our credit cards (excluding Sears, we got 1yr no interest on our riding mower). I think to be in our mid-twenties, with one income, and only a mortgage and 1 car payment as 'debt' is pretty awesome. I didn't have any student loans, and J only had a small loan we paid off last year. We both share the view that there are very few things you should ever need to take a loan for, and then you should work hard to pay it back ahead of time. If you can not afford something, then you really do not need it.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of these, but especially number five! You and John know how to live within your means which is something a lot of people our age don't know how to do or do not care to try it. I think it's a great accomplishment and you should be very proud of it! Go you! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.