Thursday, June 28, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge - Day 28

What is your love language?




Luckily Teresa did this post before me, otherwise I wouldn't have had any clue what it was talking about.  First, you will need to take The 5 Love Languages quiz. There are actually several different quizzes, 1 for husbands, 1 for wives, 1 for children ... etc ... So I decided to take the quiz, and have my husband take it as well. I thought it would be nice to see what the other "scored" and be able to talk about it. And both results seem pretty accurate. And, my husband and I both have very different 'love languages' - which is fine. We just need to know what the other values, and take that into account more often sometimes.

I'll start with my husband:


Your Scores

11Physical Touch
6Quality Time




5Words of Affirmation
4Receiving Gifts
4Acts of Service






Physical Touch
This language isn’t all about the bedroom. A person whose primary language is Physical Touch is, not surprisingly, very touchy. Hugs, pats on the back, holding hands, and thoughtful touches on the arm, shoulder, or face–they can all be ways to show excitement, concern, care, and love. Physical presence and accessibility are crucial, while neglect or abuse can be unforgivable and destructive.


This seems pretty accurate for J. He's a more 'touchy-feely' guy. Not in a weird creeper way, or a sissy hugs all around kind of way either. He's the guy that likes to hold hands when we're out, and give me lots of hugs and kisses. Which I love. He craves that one on one attention, but he still likes spending time with me and hearing me tell him I love him, and why.





And now my scores:




Your Scores

8Words of Affirmation
8Quality Time
7Acts of Service
6Physical Touch




1Receiving Gifts  






Words of Affirmation
Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.


Quality Time
In the vernacular of Quality Time, nothing says, “I love you,” like full, undivided attention. Being there for this type of person is critical, but really being there—with the TV off, fork and knife down, and all chores and tasks on standby—makes your significant other feel truly special and loved. Distractions, postponed dates, or the failure to listen can be especially hurtful.


This really does sound like me. While I do love the 'physical attention' my husband gives as his way of saying & showing he loves me, I like hearing him tell me he loves me, and why he loves me. I love him paying attention to just me, and not everything going on around us. I really love when he jumps in to help me with something, or offers to do something to make my day/week/life/an hour easier.


I think in taking this test, I'm seeing that we both value quality time with one another. Just spending time away from the tv, games, computer, etc... and being with one another. (Maybe we could benefit from weekly date nights?)  I also see that I need to be sure I'm showing my husband my love for him, in a way he understands and prefers (I'm not so much a 'touchy' person, but he is) and in turn I need to be sure that  I communicate to my husband how important his time with me really is, and how much I appreciate hearing him tell me he loves me.


Can I also say - the one thing I didn't like in this quiz was all the questions about gifts. I know they were gearing up to be about the reasons behind the gift giving, but still. I had 1 and J had 4 for "receiving gifts", which is good, we're not greedy, need stuff people. I do enjoy receiving surprise gifts though (that was my 1 answer, I think). J's gift answers were because he really didn't think the other option fit in some questions, and I understand why, and his reasoning for choosing the answer his did (sometimes).




See kids ... this is what happens when you're in love
... eventually...
Don't rush this step. 



2 comments:

  1. And, I apologize for the weird formatting of this post. I've tried to fix it, and it's not working right. I'm sorry :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture and caption at the end. :-)

    Also, I would've had no clue what the Love Languages were if Chris hadn't needed the book when he went to Liberty University. haha Thank goodness for a husband who went to three different colleges for three completely different degrees. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.