Thursday, June 21, 2012

What I Do - Using Powerpoint to Make a Printable

What I Do - Making a Printable.

This is part 3 of the series. 

You can read part 1 <here> and part 2 <here>




To make things easier for you, I made a powerpoint template with page sizes already saved to it. There are 8.5x11", 4x6" and 5x7" pages, in both portrait and landscape orientation. I figured those would be the most common page sizes for one to print. [ If I end up needing a different size, I just adjust when I'm cropping the image file]

 { Download the Powerpoint Template : Page Sizes }
{Once the file loads, chose File, Download As - powerpoint/.pptx file, and Save where you'd like on your computer}

The powerpoint is saved as a final version, so you will be unable to edit the page boxes. You can layer, add images, etc... the original page size squares will not change. I figured saving the file that way might be best.

I use powerpoint to design my printables, I save them as .jpg files when I am finished, then I use picasa to crop them to size, and add any text I may need to add. I usually work on just one page at a time, so when it's time to save, I rename and choose 'current slide'. If I am working on several pages at once, I use the 'every slide' save option. If I am working on a printable, and need to stop and come back later I save it as a powerpoint file, just so I can open and edit it again later.







Pretty easy.

If you missed my post on using Picasa, you can read it here

I also posted a list of all the editing programs I use here.

And a post about free fonts, here.

And now I will leave you to absorb everything, and I will begin my next post for the series (yup, 1 more - a fun one, promise). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.