Sunday, June 24, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge - Day 24

Describe your family dynamic of your childhood vs. your family dynamic now.




 Not much has really changed, other than everyone growing up.
My family has always been laid back planners, with everyone being super opinionated and having their own agenda - it's just more pronounced now.
I'm married and live about 45 minutes away from my parents, so we have more of a "distance" relationship, but I still see and talk to them all the time. I usually talk to my mom once or twice a week, and see her every week; I usually see my dad and brothers a few times a month. 
One of my brothers moved out a few years back, and is getting married this weekend, so he's been out and on his own as well. We no longer have rooms next door to each other, but we still see each other and talk.
My youngest brother still lives at home, since he just graduated high school, but he's 18, has a job and a life, so he's not home as much either (although I did get to see him today). Now instead of all climbing into a mini-van together and fighting in the car to go somewhere, we each drive ourselves and meet there. Instead of being "home" for Christmas, we all come over to my mom & dad's house.
Now that all of the children are grown, my parents are having to adapt to not needing to raise kids anymore, and embracing their roles as grandparents instead.
I would say we probably get along better, yet worse, now. We are all adults now, which my parents respect, but since we are all adults, we all have our own ways of doing things, and of course our way is the correct one and everyone else is wrong, which can lead to trouble.

Ok, maybe we've changed a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.