Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge - Day 12

Describe a Typical Day in Your Life.




 I was actually really looking forward to this post. I was already working on a "my day" post, so I was happy it was one of the challenges.We try to have a 'flexible schedule'. I map out my day, but leave flexibility to work around the baby, the weather, life, etc...
 The time I get to do things during the day really depends on baby J, and when he wants to do things. I really try to keep him on a napping & feeding schedule.

I'm going to describe a typical "work" day (meaning, day when hubs goes to work).

Apx. 6:30-6:45 am - Wake up, Pack lunch, See J off to work.
 7:00-7:30 - Eat breakfast while checking email/ computer stuff.
7:30 - 8:00 - Shower, Dress, etc...
8:00 - 8:30 - Feed baby his breakfast
8:30 - 9:00 - Tidy up after breakfast, quiet play with baby
9:00 - 9:30 - Baby bath time & Dress baby
9:30 - 10:00 Baby plays while I start cleaning/ daily tasks
10:00 - Baby goes down to nap in crib
by 10:30 - Continue cleaning, organizing, etc ...
11:30 - 12:00 - Eat lunch (if I'm hungry yet), or have a bit of quiet down time
12:00 - 12:30 - Feed baby his lunch
12:30 - 1:00 - Quiet play with baby, or eat (if I didn't earlier)
1:00 - 2:00 - Bounce between playing with baby and finishing up anything I need to do
2:00 - Put baby down for afternoon nap
2:30 - 4:00 - Have me time (catch up on TV, email, book, blogging, napping...). Pull out items for dinner, and check the mail at some point.

Between 4:00 & 4:30 - baby wakes up, eats dinner. John calls to say he's on his way home (if not working late)
5:00 - Make dinner and entertain baby
6:00 - Eat dinner, tidy up
After dinner is family time, we play with baby and catch up on things. Baby J may take a quick nap as well.

7:45 - Get baby ready for bed
8:00 - Feed baby his bedtime bottle
between 8:30 & 9:00 - Put baby down to bed for the night (in his crib)
9:00 - 10:00/10:30 - Baby free time, then bedtime for us.

During any given day I can make a billion diaper changes, spit-up clean-ups, outfit changes (me and baby).
I could also be doing any number of household chores: laundry, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the kitchen, cleaning bathrooms, changing bedding, gardening/yard work, making baby food, etc ...


I bathe baby, put him down for naps, and feed him.

I take phone calls, clean messes and make meals.

I (eventually) get to brush my teeth, change diapers, and try to get things done with a fussy baby.

I make beds, clean toilets, and do laundry.


Our schedule is different on the weekends, since daddy is home and we like to go places. There is also (usually) one day a week we go out to do our grocery shopping and visit with Grammie.

We take turns feeding & entertaining him, while trying to eat our own lunches.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.