Monday, June 25, 2012

The 30 Day Challenge - Day 25

If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat?



 I am assuming that this question is implying a historical figure, and not just anyone. So, the first person who came to mind was Thomas Jefferson.
I am hoping we'd be able to get a special Monticello dinner, how awesome would it be to eat in his dining room? But he could come over here, that would be fine too. I would have to clean, but that's cool, he's important enough. I would fix baked chicken and some fresh steamed veggies (carrots, peas, broccoli), mashed or baked potatoes, some type of fruit (peaches, strawberries) and something light for dessert (maybe I would figure out making blackberry cobbler). I would want to make him familiar foods, nothing too overwhelming, he would be 269 yrs old after all, just make them in a more modern way.

I think Mr. Jefferson is a very important part of American History, he did a lot for our country and I have a lot of respect for him for that. I would also just like to talk to him and ask him more about his life and childhood growing up. And I would ask him about his sister, Mary Jefferson Bolling - she's my 9x great grandmother.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.