Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's begining to look like ...

... A warm, rainy Christmas.

Seriously, it's about 60 degrees here, and pouring down rain. No cold, no snow, just yuck. It doesn't even seem like the holidays. I've had no motivation to really do anything seasonal, just because it doesn't seem like winter. It's like Christmas in Florida or something. But I've sucked it up and have been decorating and wrapping gifts. Last week I put up lights outside, and today I did some inside decorating and wrapping. It's all a lot harder to do when you're 8 months pregnant. 1 trip downstairs is now about 5 trips. 

The lights outside

Front door wreath


Our Winter Evergreen Bush

Our Evergreen Bush isn't a christmas tree. It's not. It's a tree to hang the ornaments I've been given over the years on and put our gifts around.
{ I have my views on what Christmas is, which I''m not going to go into here, but there is a Hanukkah bag under there too}

And, every year I look forward to putting out my cinnamon ornaments. I made them when I was working at a private school, and they smelled so good, year after year. And the smell of cinnamon just puts you in a holiday mood.  Umm, except this year ...


Here is what I found when I opened the box.
Granted, this is probably my fault, usually I put them in a baggie, then into the box. But that's not the point.
The mice that keep getting in our basement decided to eat cinnamon us. Yup. They took off John's head and arm, and both of my arms. And snacked on the candy cane and present too. A serious bummer. I had made cinnamon us the christmas before we got married, and now we're mangled. But, I will make more. And when I do I will post the directions.
I'm also hoping to do a post on Fudge soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.