Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Shortbread Sugar Cookies



I follow this recipe, just, half as much. Since I'm not baking for an army.  I also use cookie cutters, instead of a cookie press.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/shortbread-cookies-ii/detail.aspx




Ingredients

  • 2 cups butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour



Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
  2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in vanilla; add flour and mix well.
  3. Put through cookie press and form cookies onto baking sheets. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.


If you're using a cookie press, after you make the dough, you can fill your press and go.
If you're using cookie cutters, form dough into a ball, wrap in clear-wrap, and refrigerate for about 30 mins. {I also place the cookie cutters I'll be using, and my silicone mats in the fridge to cool}
After 30 minutes, roll out and cut your cookies. (I also keep a dish of oil nearby, to dip my cookie cutters into, so they don't stick)  Bake, cool and decorate.

I used wheat flour this time, and added more vanilla extract (and some almond). You can actually use any extract you want, add food color, even add cinnamon, nuts or chocolate chips if you want.
{And, since there is no raw egg in this, its safe to eat as you go}


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.