Friday, December 20, 2013

18!

{OK, I am working on another PL/Scrapbooking post. I'm not going to leave you hanging. I just haven't scrapbooked in a bit}

Last weekend, my sis-in-law Brittany celebrated her 18th Birthday! WooHoo!
And of course, there was a party to celebrate, complete with family, food, and presents.



And, a cake.
Brittany happens to love all things Hobbit and LOTR. 
So, of course, a Hobbit cake was in order.
And, of course, I massively over-thought this and created quite the idea of a cake in my mind.
A Hobbit hole, chocolate tree forest, and of course The Lonely Mountain! 


Yup! Looks like a cake glacier coming to eat another cake blob.
So after some mangling of it by my husband, and the realization that I am not Buddy from Cake Boss (and that our cake would have to be tripled in size), we went with a Hobbit hole and the country side, with the Happy Birthday message written in Khuzdul, the language of the Dwarves.  


It was also tie-dyed inside :)

video


post signature

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.