Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Easy Apple Turnovers




Let me start by saying there are easily a million different 'recipes' for this.
I, in no way, made this up.
I'm sure I saw it in one of my cookbooks, or on pinterest, and the idea stuck in my mind ... 





Here are a few different recipes you can view, if you'd like, or read how I made mine below.

{Food.com Quick Apple Turnovers}

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



Ingredients:
1 tube Crescent Rolls (1 roll of 8 makes 4 turnovers)
1 medium apple
Cinnamon Sugar, Caramel, Maple Syrup ... etc ...

Preheat your oven.



Core & peel your apple, cut into small slices or cubes.
In a small bowl mix apple pieces with your cinnamon sugar, caramel, etc...
(I used cinnamon sugar and maple syrup for this batch)



Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat, or parchment paper.
(I didn't do this, but highly recommend it. My turnovers stuck to the pan.)
Place 4 crescent triangles on the pan.



Top crescent triangles with apple mixture.



Then top with another crescent dough triangle. Press the edges well.



Bake as directed on crescent roll package, or 10-12 minutes - when golden brown.
Lightly mist with oil or melted butter and top with cinnamon sugar or powdered sugar.
Serve warm.

You could also use other fruits, or chocolate, in place of the apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.