Monday, September 9, 2013

Paint Sample Flash Cards





This is one of those 'so easy, a caveman could do it' projects. My favorite. 
I had been wanting to make some flashcards for my little guy to learn/play with for a while, so I thought I would share this easy project with everyone. It takes about 10 minutes. Really. On your next trip to Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc ... grab a stack of Paint Sample Cards, and you're good to go. 

Materials: 
Paint Sample Color Cards
Index Cards or Cardstock 
Glue Stick
Laminator
Hole Punch & Binder Ring (optional)


You can find a set of 12 printable cards {here}
(Colors : Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Black, White, Gray, Brown & Peach. )
Simply print the cards, glue on your corresponding paint sample, then laminate for strength against your children. The cards are sized to print on a 4x6  card. You could also print them 4/page on card stock, then cut out (My printer has a tray for 4x6 paper, but most printers can feed an index card through without any problems). I also included a Primary Writing Line on the cards. My goal is to use them in the future as we start learning to write. Write on, wipe off. 


I like to punch a hole & hook them together with a binder ring or key ring.
I plan on grabbing some more colors and making a second set of more secondary colors.
This would also make a fun matching game, to pair the color name with the paint sample.
Or even to show the variations in color shades, for older children. 
~
Interested in making a set of your own, with your own colors??
Primer Print Font from daFont {here}.
PowerPoint Template {here}.
~
(Remember - Printables & Files are for 'personal' use only!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.