Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days, 30 Things To Be Thankful For - Part 3

{If you missed the challenge post, you can find it here}

30 Days of things to be thankful for.

I've decided to do my post as a list of 10 things (vs. a new post every day), breaking the list into 3 parts.
If you're doing the challenge to, you can do whatever you like.
I will include a spot to link-up your blog/posts on each of mine.


And here are days 21-30:



21. a disappointment or fear

All of the disappointment I felt before we found out we were expecting our sweet baby boy.
But it was worth it, he's such a cutie, I would give the world for him. 

22. a book

The last few books I have read have been board books, or about a dog named Biscuit.
Personal reading no longer takes a priority in my life.
I have yet to read the 'new' Nicholas Sparks book my husband bought me months ago.
He is one of my favorite authors though. 

23. a feeling

Love.
The overwhelming feelings of love I have whenever I see/hear/think of my baby.
And my husband. I love him too. 

24. a photograph



This is a picture of my Nini and her husband, Ted.
It's one of the few pictures I have of Ted, or of them together.

25. a luxury

Being a stay-at-home mom and housewife.
In today's society, I really do consider it to be a luxury.
 Should it be? No.
But so many people can not afford for one parent to stay home, and live off of a single income.
Some days it seems silly, being home with one baby - but then I remind myself, this is my rest-time. Eventually we will have 2,3,4 ... kids, at home, for me to cook and clean for, and educate, shuttle to music lessons and sports practices, doctor appointments and play dates ...
(I guess my rest time with only one child is also a luxury)

26. a charity 

I don't have one particular charity I am thankful for, or one that is a 'favorite' to me.
I think there are lots of great organizations out there, as well as some not so great ones.
I am thankful that we live in a place where people are so generous to help other people, whether it be donating their time, donating items/stuff, or making financial contributions, etc... 

27. a song

"How can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?"

28. a gift



My  engagement ring (and wedding band...)
My engagement ring was my 22nd birthday present (a week early)
and we were married less than a year later.

29. something in your home
Well, I'm really thankful we have a home, of our own.
I am also thankful we have the resources to be able to protect our home. 

30. the thing you’re most thankful for


My family.
My husband. My son.
My parents. My siblings.
My in-laws.
.......




<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.simply-linked.com/listwidget.aspx?l=726dbe7c-524d-40fc-b8de-fe8c7625c965" ></script>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.