Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Not Just a Momma

I tend to forget that 95% of the time. 
I did have a life before getting pregnant. I was a wife, a daughter, a sister, a friend. And I enjoyed many things. I still am all of those roles, and I still enjoy doing many different things. However, I just hardly ever have the time at the end of the day. So - here is a post for me.
{ If you would like to keep up on the momma happenings, check out MommaEmu }

Sunday night I made a rather kick-butt lasagna, if I do say so myself (and, I do). I would show you, but we gobbled that bad boy down too fast. It's a pretty standard homemade lasagna though.
1 lb ground beef, 1 box of noodles, 1 jar of sauce, 1 bag of cheese, and some spices.
Cook & drain your beef, cook your noodles, then in a 9x13 pan layer noodles, sauce, cheese & beef. Repeat until you've filled the pan or used up everything. I top ours with some garlic powder and Italian seasonings.
I also baked some cheesy-garlic biscuits to go with it.
They are pretty stupid-proof, but if you need help, The Diary of a Small Town Girl did a post the other week.

I'm hoping to try out a different kind of lasagna later this week.
I'm also hoping to work on an easy craft project at some point.

I also wanted to share some of what I'm looking forward to in the coming weeks & months.
~  Spring. The nicer weather so baby and I can get out more.
~  Gardening. I really want a garden. So, we need to find a tiller, and start working.
~  Baby John starting on foods. It will be so exciting to see what he thinks of real food.
 ~  A new car. Well, new to us, we buy used. We've been talking (and talking and talking) about getting me a bigger car, but now we really need to get one. My car can only hold me and the baby. And I'm sure my husband would like to go out with us sometime, and not have to take his car. And I would like to not have to ride in the dashboard of his car. So I am looking forward to getting a bigger, better, safer family car.
~  And - big one - My brother's wedding! At the end of June my brother is getting married, and I'm one of their bridesmaids, which I am super excited about. So, I have all of the upcoming wedding events too!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.