Monday, January 23, 2012

Baked Chicken Dinner


I forgot to take a pic before I started chowing down.

Baked Chicken, Scalloped Potatoes, and Green Beans.



This was a pretty easy meal, actually. And my husband came home and ask why I cooked such a fancy meal. Also, I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've ever made baked chicken. I am usually not a huge fan of baked chicken, for 2 reasons: 1 - it's hard to tell if it's fully cooked and 2 - the breading gets all soggy on the bottom.
{Does anyone have any suggestions for preventing the bottom side of the chicken from getting soggy?}

To make the breading I just ground 2 handfuls of 'crunchy onions' and a few crackers together, and added a bit of salt, pepper, red pepper and parmesan cheese. (I baked 3 med. chicken breasts with this, adjust how you need)
I coated the chicken in a honey mustard/bbq mix, then the breading mixture, and baked for 30-35 minutes at 425 degrees. The chicken was perfect, fully cooked but still moist in the center, and the topping was crunchy without being too hard. The only problem was that the breading on the bottom of the chicken was soft and soggy.


And I made chocolate peanut butter cookies, too!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment!
Please remember to keep it on topic, and free of any offensive language.

Any comments violating these terms is subject to removal.